Property owners can manage their properties themselves or work with a property management company. Hiring a property management company has many benefits, such as growing your properties’ profitability and enhancing your rental portfolio.
Property management is a tricky business. As an owner, not only are you responsible for ensuring that the property is in good condition, but you also have to manage its finances.
What Does A Property Management Company Do?
A good property management company will manage your rental properties while you’re away, keep your properties clean and orderly, and handle any repairs or maintenance needed. They’ll also work with you to find new tenants and manage the needs of your property.
Their duties include marketing and advertising properties, overseeing rent collections, handling complaints, resolving disputes, and more.
Here are some ways a management company can help your rental business.
- Sourcing Tenants: Finding new tenants and moving them in is crucial. So, a management company can take over when it’s time to attract potential occupants. They carefully screen all applications to make sure they secure dependable renters.
- Collecting Rent: It can be burdensome to collect rent from tenants. Your property manager will ensure that all of your tenants pay their rent in full and on time.
- Routine Maintenance: Property management companies ensure properties stay in great condition. They will perform maintenance regularly for properties and also respond to client requests.
- Handling of defaulters: It’s important to be wary of tenants’ behavior and ensure they’re never in breach of contract. While some issues can be sorted out with the renter directly, others require consulting a lawyer and even going to court. You can avoid the effort and pain of handling these issues yourself by hiring a reputable property management company.
- Handling Tenant Complaints: If a tenant lodges a complaint, they send it to the property manager. The property manager will handle the issue internally if it’s small enough or contacts you at any time.
- Managing Invoices and Bookkeeping: Property management companies will take the responsibility off your hands for bookkeeping and invoice handling. Some even offer these services for free. A manager can help you minimize taxes and protect important information. This can protect you from costly mistakes.
- Qualities of a Good Property Management Company
A good property management company focuses on customer satisfaction, has a track record of successful projects, and has expertise in all areas of property management.
Every property owner has different and unique needs. However, there are certain qualities that any good property management company will have.
- Knowledge and Experience in Property Management
A good property management company should have a wealth of experience managing properties. They should also have a deep understanding of the rental market and be able to spot trends to anticipate potential problems and opportunities.
- Flexible Scheduling and Policies
Property managers need to be able to shift their schedules as needed to accommodate tenant needs. They should also have flexible policies regarding junk mail, pets, smoking, and other restrictions on the use of the property.
- Robust financial system
A good property management company will have an effective financial system, including systems for tracking rents, repairs, etc. This ensures that the company can cover costs associated with managing the properties.
- Manageable Fees
Be aware of how much the property manager charges and negotiate a fee that will help you maintain your personal gains. Ask them to list the fees they collect before you sign the contract.
Before hiring a property management company, check for a proven track record and good working relationships with vendors, tenants, property owners and professionals.
Make sure to read your agreement carefully before signing it. Property management fee structures can vary widely, and hidden costs may exist. A company that is honest and forthright with its clients will ensure customers fully understand what they are getting into.
- Business Structure
A good property manager should be adequately staffed with people working in specific roles and working towards the same goals. The company’s structure, as well as its alignment with the goals it wants to pursue, is important. A good property manager knows the importance of hiring the right people and maintaining a collaborative culture.
- Screening Process for Tenants
You should ask a prospective property manager what their screening process entails. Finding quality tenants for your property can be difficult, which is why screening is so important
- Strong marketing and communications strategy
A good property management company should have a strong marketing and communications strategy, including knowledge of effective online advertising platforms. It should also communicate effectively with tenants, landlords, repair crews, etc.
It’s important to find out how many units a company is currently managing and how many employees they have.
The Benefits of Working with a Good Property Management Company
Properties managed by a good property management company typically have high occupancy rates. This means that tenants are happy with the condition of the property.
When you work with a good property management company, you get a lot of benefits. Here are three of the biggest:
- They’ll Help You Manage Your Property Better
A good property management company will help you manage your property better. They’ll provide tips and advice on keeping it in tip-top condition, and they’ll handle all of the necessary paperwork so that everything runs smoothly. This will save you time and hassle and make your life easier overall.
- They’ll Keep You Organized and Informed
A good property management company will keep you organized and informed. They’ll send you regular updates about your property’s status, including any maintenance or repair needs that might need to be addressed. This will help ensure that you’re always aware of what’s happening with your property, which is crucial to ensuring its success.
Why Hire Real Property Management Instant Equity Tampa
Finding the right property management company can be a difficult task. There are a lot of different qualities that you want in a company, and it can be tough to decide which ones are most important.
Real Property Management Instant Equity Tampa is an expert property management service that provides professional assistance to local homeowners or condo associations in Tampa, FL. We’ve provided experienced and trusted advice for over 20 years to Tampa property owners.
Real Property Management Instant Equity’s professional services include:
- regular communication
- screening and selection of tenants
- full-service leasing
- collection of rent payments
- regular inspections
- cost-effective and sound maintenance
- comprehensive accounting
- strict and compliant evictions
- comprehensive marketing and advertising
We would be happy to be your business partner! Give us a call today at 813-445-8280.
Click here for our Complete Guide to Property Management.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.